So you’re thinking about being a volunteer – that’s great!
These tips will help you to move from the thinking phase to the taking action phase.
Firstly, ask yourself:
- What kind of volunteering do I want to do? There are so many options to consider: In-person? Remote? Something energetic? At a desk? Outdoors?
- How much time can I commit? An hour a month? A day a week? Once a year?
- What skills will I bring to the role?
- What skills do I want to learn?
- Where do I want to volunteer? Think about what kinds of organisations really appeal to you. It could be anything from helping abandoned cats, to transporting people to medical appointments, teaching a sport or planting trees.
It may take a little bit of searching to figure out which type of organisation and role is the best fit for you and your skills.
If you already know who you’d like to volunteer with, Google their local contact details and get in touch to ask about volunteering opportunities.
If you’re ready to browse through some current vacancies, head over to Volunteer Connect now.